Since we are on week 4 of Sawyer not sleeping well, the majority of my confessions involve sleep deprived, frustration filled, emotional moments. Hoping we figure out this sleep thing soon....
Here we go:
- I told Andrew in a delirious 3 am state (after getting up for the umpteenth time) that I wanted to trade in for a new child. Sorry Sawyer, I really didn't mean it.
- I thought (more than once) about wanting to throw my son out the window when he wouldn't nap
- In multiple moments of frustration, I have muttered f-bombs under my breath at my son, my husband, the dog, and anything else that got in my way
- During one particular frustrating day of no napping, I ate half a bag of Oreos, a Cadbury egg, and chocolate chip cookie dough
- Sometimes when Sawyer is crying uncontrollably, I turn on the TV to distract him so he will stop crying
- I started working out again (more on that in a future post) - when the instructor tried to correct my form during my 500th lunge of the day, I came this close to pulling the "I'm a doctor" card on her.
- I offered Sawyer $1,000 and a puppy if he would sleep through the night. So far, he has yet to take me up on my offer.
- Giving Sawyer infant ibuprofen before bed helps so much with the teething. We bought 2 3-packs of ibuprofen and 1 4 pack of infant Tylenol at Costco. I'm not above medicating my child. Bring on the teeth.
So, that's my life in a nut shell. Sleep deprived, frustrated and a true joy to be around - just ask my husband. Its a good thing that Sawyer is so cute...