I am lucky to have a fantastic mom. She taught me a lot over the years and I've inherited many of her traits. She taught me that quality is always better than quantity, that 10 minutes early is on time and on time is late, always clean the house for company, and you can't shop at Target without spending at least $100. She worked very hard over the years often sacrificing her own wants so she could buy the prom dress I wanted, go on family vacations or pay for my college. She is so generous to all of her grandkids giving them gifts, cards, and her time. I'm so thankful we've become such good friends. I love you Mom!
This certainly was a different Mothers Day from last year now that Sawyer is a part of our lives. I've learned a lot in the last 8 months and thought I'd share a few things...
You know you are a Mom when....
- you consider it a success to get out of the house without getting puked on
- you use baby wipes for everything - including wiping butts, faces, counters, windows, toys, swings, or anything that might be dirty
- in your purse you find baggies of cereal or puffs and a baby toy or two.
- when you hear any child start to cry (regardless if its yours or not) you start making shushing noises
- you hum the tunes from the swing and jumperoo while in the car
- your productivity around the house is broken down into 2 segments during your child's nap (if you are lucky)
- you don't hesitate to sniff your child's butt to check for poop
- no matter how frustrated or angry or mad at your child you are, a gummy smile will melt your heart every stinking time.
I love being a mom. Its the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world and I know its impossible to be perfect at it. Sawyer - you give Mommy pure joy. I've had so much fun with you these last 8 months. You will always hold a special place in my heart and I will love you forever little dude.
|Sawyer's Mother's Day present to me - a potato ricer so I could attempt making home made gnocchi.|
|Sawyer and Mommy <3|
|Rocking the shorts|
|So proud after 5 poops in one day!|
|Who doesn't love waking up to this face?|